Tuesday, July 5, 2011

There's a first time for everything

As you should know, right now I am in France and am staying in a big house.  The people that own the house have just about everything you need-and things that can keep you entertained.  For example bikes.


On our first day in France we discovered that the people that own the house we are staying in have bikes outside hidden behind the table.  Just the other day my dad told us that we should get out and about and go on a bike ride.  Since my sisters and I all like to bike ride we all said that we would come. 

There are three bikes that the people own.  two of them are smaller adult bikes while the other one is a six year old bike.  My younger sister is six so she rode the smaller bike.  My older sister is 11.  She rode on one of the adult bikes.  That leaves me.  My dad needed to lower the seat of one of the adult bikes in order to make it fit.

since my mom and dad have bin going on bike rides since we got here they knew of a good bike rought that almost was all flat(my little sister isn't so great on hills-she can't stop) and was right by our house we are staying in.

Everything was going fine until we reached our first fairly big hill.  I was going first down the hill.  I, like I almost am was fine on it.  My older sister was going down the hill second.  She was going down the hill on a bike that did not have very good brakes, so she was dragging her feet and making a really horrible noise.  Next came my younger sister.  It was her first time on a bike with hand brakes, and was having a little trouble braking.  Because of this my dad needed to sprint down the hill, throw his bike in the ditch and catch my younger sister just in the nick of time, with only ten meters till my younger sister went flying onto the highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment